19 January 2004

Story: Bad Grades

Part of the Terrence/Brianna series.  Bri hasn't been doing her best at school and her report card shows it.  But Terrence doesn't seem too concerned about it.  This leaves her feeling guilty, and it just won't go away.  She decides to confide in her new best friend, Anastasia, about the punishments she gets at home and whether or not she should ask for one.

Bad Grades
by Breanna Carter

“BRIANNA!!!” Terrence yelled from the living room when he got home from work. Apparently he had seen the report card I left on the table. I knew I was in for it. At the time he called my name, I was mentally preparing myself. Of course, it wasn't that I didn't deserve it. I mean, how did I manage to get a D in English, my best subject? It was clearly because the teacher was a bitch and I couldn't help the fact that I hated her and blew off her class. But, Terrence wouldn't understand that. Not that I expected him to. I was the one who promised him that I'd do better.

I walked slowly into the living room, making sure that I was hanging my head and looking very remorseful for my low grade. This new school system crap sucked. We had six week report cards instead of nine week report cards. At least if I had been at my other school, I'd have had three more weeks to bring up my grades. But, nooo.

“How'd you manage a D in English?” Terrence asked me calmly when I found myself standing in front of him, staring at his shoes.

“I... um... it's a hard class,” I mumbled, looking up at him.

He gave me that look as if saying yeah right. “Really... You did know there was a note on her requesting that I call your teacher?”

Hmm, must've missed that note. “...no,” I answered, looking back down at his shoes.

“Look up at me, Brianna.” I complied, looking in his eyes. “I'd feel better if I heard it from you than your teacher.”

I nodded, on the verge of tears because this huge knot was welling up in my stomach and I felt so horrible for letting him down like that. Especially after promising that I'd do better in school. I bit my lower lip with nervousness. “I've been messing around in class... I haven't been doing my work, and I've been sent out of class a few times for goofing off. I'm really sorry, Terrence. I'll do better, I promise.”

He nodded. “Sit,” he ordered, pointing to the couch.

I quickly flopped down on the couch and held my head in my hands, hearing Terrence walk towards the kitchen and grab the phone. He dialed the seven numbers then sat down next to me. “Hello, this is Terrence Carter...” pause. “Yes, I'm Brianna's older brother and I received a note on the report card to call you...:” I stopped listening because I figured that I didn't want to hear it. I knew it was entirely my fault for failing the quizzes and tests and not turning in the homework. The class wasn't even that hard... I just wanted to piss the teacher off. Why the hell was I so stupid?

I tried to take my mind off of the matter at hand. I thought about soccer practice and how much fun we were having and how tomorrow was the day where we didn't have any classes, just watched all of the teams perform, the girls and boys soccer teams played against each other for the school, the dance team performed, we heard the orchestra and band, saw the gymnastics team, and tons of other nifty stuff. I'd only been to one of these and it was the greatest. And after that, we'd be starting a new schedule where we had 7 classes a day, either two activities or one activity and a study hall. Anastasia and I were thinking about joining the lacrosse team, but we'd have to try out first, so we thought maybe just having study hall would be better... it'd be somewhere we could goof off and pass notes and maybe I could get some English homework done.

I heard Terrence hang up the phone and it snapped me back into reality. “Bri... I'm really disappointed in you.” I didn't answer. “I thought you were going to try and get good grades to get a scholarship, and I know you can do it. Your teacher says that you did well on most of the test, but the fact that you neglected to turn in the homework and you neglected to pay attention is what brought you down. She also said that you could bring your grades up.”

I nodded.

“Well,” he said, sighing. “Just try and do better.”

I blinked.

He stood up and walked to the kitchen. “TV dinners for dinner tonight, that okay?” he asked.

I was still dumbfounded. Just try and do better? “Yeah, that's fine,” I murmured, wondering if he was just stalling to make me anxious. I waited on the couch for a few minutes, just sitting there, not really doing anything but wondering what the hell just happened.

Terrence peeked his head in the living room. “You okay, Bri?”

“Yeah,” I answered. “Are you okay?”

He grinned. “I'm okay, just a little disappointed in you. But hey, it's your decision to do well in school, not mine. Screw up your grades if you want and you'll just be going back where you came from.”

I nodded and watched him walk back inside. I just went to my room and plopped down on my bed, turning on John Mayer and letting it fill the emptiness that I felt at that moment. I hated having my brother so mad at me, hated feeling like I wasn't forgiven. He tried so hard to do the best for me, to make sure that I didn't end up a screw up, that I had a better chance than he did. We both knew the only way I could get to college would be on a scholarship, and it didn't seem like that was going to happen anytime soon. And I just felt so bad...

Next thing I knew, it was dark outside and my John Mayer CD had stopped playing and Terrence was at my doorway asking me if I was ready to eat. “Yeah,” I muttered, yawning and looking at the clock to see that it was already after seven and I had taken a damn nap that I shouldn't have taken because I'd never be able to go back to sleep.

We ate in silence in front of the TV, of course, because that's where you're supposed to eat TV dinners. Friends was on and even though it was funny as hell, I was still depressed and I wanted to go back to sleep or something because I couldn't stand the silent treatment I was getting from Terrence. I felt a sense of deja vu... this had happened before, hadn't it? I did, however, manage to sit there through two more TV shows before I took a shower and went on to bed, saying that I didn't feel too well, which was partly true. I cranked up John Mayer once again and didn't get past the third song before I was in my own dreamland. Okay, so I was wrong about not being able to go to sleep that night.

The next morning I woke up before Terrence did which was super unusual because he left before I even woke up most of the time. It was five in the morning and I wondered why the hell I was awake. Why the hell WAS I awake? I rolled over and tried to go back to sleep, but my efforts were futile and I vowed never to go to sleep that early again.

I finally stumbled through the hallway to the couch and lay down, turning the TV on to a low volume. I should have known that there was nothing on TV at 5am... during the summer that's all I did was stay up all night watching TV. But I DID know that Saved by the Bell came on at five-thirty, so I just watched some dumb show on Nickelodeon until five-thirty then I turned on Saved by the Bell. It was the episode where Jesse gets hooked on caffeine pills and Slater tries to tell her that they weren't good for her. In my opinion she just needed to be spanked, that'd teach her. Oh God, I couldn't believe I was saying those things. I smacked myself in the head and tried to get it off of my mind, but somewhere in my head I knew that I needed a spanking for my grades, and as much as I hated to admit it, it was true.

About halfway through the show, Terrence came into the living room having just got out of the shower. “What are you doing up so early?” he said, pulling his undershirt over his head. I moved my feet so he could sit down next to me.

“I dunno, I was wondering the same thing,” I answered, staring at the TV because I still had that guilty pit in my stomach.

I felt a hand on my forehead. “You don't feel warm,” he said, smirking.

I glared at him. “I feel fine. I went to bed too early last night. You can bet that I won't tonight.”

He grinned. “Well, you can't stay up too late.” I looked at him. Both shoes were tied now and he was sitting there in his khakis and an undershirt, his work shirt thrown over his shoulder.

“I won't.”

He ruffled my hair. “Something bothering you, kiddo?” he asked, standing up and putting his work shirt on, buttoning it up and finally tucking it in.

“No.” He buckled his belt and I couldn't help but stare at it. I had a deathly fear of that belt.

“Well, I'll still call you later to make sure you're still up.”

I nodded.

“Have fun watching reruns,” he teased and I couldn't help but smile a bit because he was my older brother and he loved me so much and he knew that I felt bad for what I did and that's probably why he didn't spank me. I gave him a quick hug before he left then made myself comfortable again to watch more TV. Joy.

I even got to school early that morning, much to Anastasia's surprise. In fact, I'd only met her once before school and that was probably on the second day of school. Since then I'd been promising to meet her, but I always made it there five minutes before the bell rang. Therefore, we only talked at lunch and at soccer.

“Wow! Someone's here bright and early!” she said sarcastically, leaving her group of friends to walk with me.

“Yeah, it's pretty damn early all right,” I muttered.

“Hey, what's wrong? Get in tons of trouble last night?” Anastasia and I hadn't spoken of the first day of school since the second day of school when we joked about how pissed our brothers were. I wasn't planning on telling her that I'd gotten spanked, but since she was my best friend for the moment and I felt shitty about my grades, I decided now would be a good time to tell her. Besides, we still had 20 minutes to kill before the bell.

“That's just it,” I began, “I didn't get in any trouble...”

“Well, hey! That's always a good thing.”

I led us over to a more secluded area because I knew it'd be totally embarrassing if the entire school knew that I was still spanked. “It IS a good thing... but, I feel bad. 'Cause I know Terrence is pissed at me, and I didn't get in trouble and... I know this sounds really dumb, but I feel like I SHOULD be in trouble.”

She looked at me awkwardly. “Why don't you just not do anything until you finish your homework every night?” she asked.

I sighed. I knew that I had to tell her... she and I were pretty good friends by now and if she ever spent the night with me or anything, it'd be best that she knew. Or maybe Terrence was veering away from spanking me? I always thought that it'd be a good thing, but this guilt trip was making me feel worse! “Okay... I gotta tell you something, but you have to promise me that you won't tell anyone.”

She nodded. I had no idea what she was expecting to hear.

“Okay, well I've been living with Terrence since my parents died, about four years ago... and a little while after they died I didn't think I had any friends so I went to the store with some people I thought were my friends and they were stealing and I thought I'd be cool if I did, too, and I did... and we all got caught and Terrence had to come pick me up and well...” I paused, taking a deep breath in. What if she told Ashton? What would Ashton think of me then? “Well, I got in trouble...” I stopped.

She looked at me. “Bri... just spit it out.”

“I get spanked.” There, I said it. It was out in the open and now I had to prepare to get made fun of.

“Really?” she asked in disbelief.

I nodded and waited for her to mock me.

“OH, MY GOD! I thought I was the only one.” Then she did the unexpected and HUGGED me. Anastasia wasn't like Stephanie or even Jayna... she kept mostly to herself and was really apathetic, so when she hugged me it came as a big shock. Then I realized what she said.

“Wait, you get spanked, too?”

She bit her lip and nodded. “Remember the first day of school when we got in trouble for pulling the fire alarm? I didn't think that Ashton would honestly spank me again, but he did and that's why I was having trouble running at soccer practice because it hurt.”

“Me, too!” I exclaimed giddily. It was nifty to know that I wasn't the only one in the world who still got spanked. “Wait, Ashton spanked you?”

“Yeah. He spanked me over the summer because I stole his car and drove it to a party and got a little trashed then drove it back home and made a scratch on his car. Luckily, I'd only hit a mailbox. Someone saw me and told me that's what it was.”

“Wow... for the longest time I thought I was the only one...”

“Me, too! So, what's this have to do with your current situation?”

I took another deep breath. “I feel bad for making bad grades and it was such a shock that I didn't get in trouble that I don't know what to do, because I know I honestly deserve to be punished...”

She gave me a semi weird look. “Bri, are you sure you want to be punished?”

I nodded.

“Just ask Terrence... Tell him you feel bad for what you've done and that you think you should be spanked. That's probably the basic idea of him doing this to you, because he knew that it'd affect you like this.” I took in what she said. Maybe I should tell Terrence. “But I don't like getting spanked... I don't want him to think that...”

“I'm sure he won't. Just tell him that you feel bad and you know you deserve to be punished 'cause you don't feel like you have his forgiveness yet...”

Hmm... that was a decent idea. “Okay, I can do that...” I replied, just in time for the bell to ring. “Good timing!”

“Definitely! Hey, are we signing up for study hall or lacrosse?” she asked me.

I thought about it for a moment. “I dunno, let's talk about it later. See you in the assembly!” We both ran our different ways to our classes because of our grade differences.

So, Ashton spanked Anastasia? That was interesting. I never imagined Ashton as that type of guy... he seemed so easy going and stuff. I could, however, imagine Anastasia getting spanked. She was just that type of girl, always finding herself in trouble. I couldn't be talking, though. I was probably in more trouble than she ever was.

Of course, I was so hung up in thinking about all of that I almost ran straight into Ashton. “Oh, um, sorry,” I mumbled, blushing like crazy because I was thinking of my new found information.

He smiled. “It's okay.”

I wondered if Anastasia would hate me if I went out with Ashton.

When I got home that evening, the first thing I did was take a shower. I had taken a shower at school after the game, but I still felt icky and I just wanted to get changed into my PJs before I spilt my guts to Terrence. Anastasia had pep-talked me the rest of the day at school, explaining that it would help me feel better and at least I would know that Terrence wasn't mad at me and that I was forgiven. I wondered if I was the only weirdo who ever asked anyone for a spanking.

Then, all too soon, Terrence pulled into the driveway then walked inside to find me sitting on the couch in my PJs. I looked up at him.

“Terrence,” I began, biting my lip. “I need to talk to you.”

He shut the door behind him and nodded, then sat down next to me. “Did you stay home from school today?”

I blinked, wondering why he would say that, then realized that I was in the exact same condition as I was when he left that morning. “Oh,” I said, letting out an uneasy giggle, “no, I went to school, we just had a game and I went ahead and took a shower.”

“Oh.” He paused. “So, what is it you want to talk about?”

My heart was pounding. After I said it, it was final. I breathed in then looked into his eyes. “I feel bad about my grades... and I... feel really guilty... and um...” I was trying to stall, but I knew I had to say it. “Will you spank me?” I spat out.

It didn't take him by surprise at all. Maybe Anastasia was right about that being what he wanted. “After all of these times that you've pleaded with me to do something other than spank you, this time you're asking me TO spank you?”

I nodded, feeling dumb already.

“Well, that shows that you're becoming responsible. That you're finally deciding to stand up and accept the consequences for your actions.”

I blushed.

“And you're right, you do deserve to be spanked, Brianna, and the only reason I didn't do it yesterday was because it was a test to see if you were really growing up.”

“I feel really bad for doing it, 'cause I know I screwed up, and it's my fault, and I don't want you to be mad at me. I just want you to spank me and forgive me.”

He moved over and hugged me. “You're a good kid, Bri. Do I tell you that enough?”

I smiled as I wiped the tear that was about to stream down my face.

He centered himself in the middle of the couch and patted his lap. I took a deep breath in once again, figuring that I asked for this and after it was over with, everything would be all better, except for my bottom, of course, which would be hurting like hell. I finally put myself over his knee and clenched my fists and waited. He tugged my pajama pants down to my knees, then pulled my panties down to meet them. I blushed when I knew that once again, my bare bottom was being exposed. I felt his hand resting on my bottom.

“I know you can do better in English than that, Bri. It's your best subject and a low grade is completely unacceptable. And I don't EVER want to hear of you getting sent out of class again, do you understand me?”

I nodded.

“I expect an answer out of you when I ask a question, Brianna.”

“Yes, sir,” I said.

“Good girl.” With that his hand lifted from my bottom and next thing I knew there were tons of smacks raining down on my bottom. I wasn't expecting it to hurt so much and before I knew it, I was yelping and kicking and biting my lip so hard that I was surprised it wasn't bleeding. It showed me that even when I ask for the spankings, they hurt like hell! He spanked and spanked and spanked, for a good two or three minutes, not letting up at all, just spanking rapidly and harshly, and after a while, I was crying like a baby and begging him to stop.

“Pleaseeee,” I begged. “Pleaseee stopppp, I-I'm sorrrryyyyy.” I kicked and squirmed and wiggled my bottom to keep him from spanking in the same spots, but he already knew that I'd do that and he kept spanking in the same spots anyway. Finally, I buried my face into the couch cushions and cried until his hand was resting softly on my reddened bottom and he was talking to me in a calming voice.

“Shhhh, shhh, Bri. It's okay. I'm all finished now. I'm finished. You're forgiven, honey.” He rubbed my back while I cried everything out, all the guilt and all of the bad feelings.

“I'll do my homework from now on, I promise,” I said. “And I won't get kicked out of class.”

“I know, Bri. I know.” He finally lifted me up and hugged me tightly. “Bring the grade up by next report card, okay?”

I nodded.

“If it's not, trust me, this will be much worse.”

“Yes, Terrence.” He kissed my forehead and lifted me, then pulled my pants and panties back up. As if Anastasia had ESP, the phone rang and it was her. I was still crying a little, but I managed to take the cordless phone and hobble to my room.

“Hey, Bri. Everything okay?”

“Yeah,” I whispered.

“So you told Terrence, huh?”

“Yeah,” I said, letting out a slight giggle and rubbing my bottom.

“Do you feel better now?”

“Much better.”

No comments: