27 April 2004

Story: Kyle's House

Part of the Just Shannon Series.  Even though Shannon doesn't have her license, she drives her friend (Lisa) to Kyle's house.  However, lack of license means lack of car, so the girls sneak out in Lisa's mom's car, only to return to an angry mother, and later, an angry brother.

Kyle’s House
by Breanna Carter

It was a lazy Sunday afternoon when Lisa knocked on the door. I was sitting in the living room watching tv, feet propped up on the coffee table and munching on some Cheerios and Matt was sitting at the kitchen table doing a research paper. We both recognized the knock at the same time but neither of us bothered to get up and answer it until she knocked the second time.

“Fine, I’ll get it,” I muttered, putting the box of Cheerios on the coffee table where my feet had been and scooting towards the door.

“Hi!” Lisa said, bright smile and that thirteen year-old enthusiam that I wished I had.

“Hey,” I murmured back. I opened the door wider, inviting her to come inside.

“Oh, hey,” Matt said. “How’s it goin’, Lisa?”

“Going great. Wanna hang out for a little while?” she asked me.

I shrugged. Since school had started back I didn’t want to go out often, but it was a Sunday and I was bored. I looked at Matt. “Is that okay with you?”

He nodded. “Whatever you want. I’m going to finish this last paragraph then head off for a little nap. I need a break.” He took a sip of his coffee and continued writing.

“Let’s go,” I told Lisa, practically pushing her outside of the doorway.

“Don’t go anywhere too far away!” Matt was yelling as I walked outside the door.

She sun was shining brightly in the sky and blinding me. I was glad that it was finally September, though school wasn’t the greatest thing in the world. I loved September weather with the air becoming more crisp and the leaves beginning to turn darker colors.

“Shannon, have you ever driven a car?” she asked me suddenly.

I blinked. “Yeah, I have before. Why?”

She took a deep breath in. “Well, you see, I have a friend, and well, he lives kinda far away, but I promised that I’d come by and see him today and my mom won’t take me. And I was wondering, well, if I got the keys if you’d drive me there. I mean, it’s not that far away and it wouldn’t take long and it’d be fun.”

“Er, Lisa, I dunno... I don’t have my license yet...”

“If you’re a good driver it won’t matter, will it?”

I bit my lower lip and thought on that. “Well, it won’t be such a big deal,” I concluded. “I mean, we’ll be back soon and no one will ever know we’re gone, right?”

She smiled. “Right!” She gave me a quick hug. “Thanks, Shannon! I owe you one!” then scurried towards her apartment. I stood there in the grass thinking about what I’d agreed to. Was I really going to drive a car with only my learner’s permit? A learner’s permit is for someone who can only drive with their parents or a licensed driver over the age of 21... and not only was Lisa under 21, but she wasn’t even a licensed driver yet!

She came back minutes later, smile on her face. “Got the keys! Mom’s busy helping Jason with his homework... she’ll be busy for hours. Won’t even notice we’re gone.” Jason was Lisa’s younger brother.

I grinned. “Great!” I said and took the keys from her.

I found her mom’s green Mustang. I unlocked the doors and we hopped inside. Wow, it was such a nice car. I’d never driven anything like it... my parents wouldn’t let me drive their nice cars... instead I drove a beat up old Chevy that hadn’t been driven since Matt got his license. I turned on the car and blared the radio, my favorite station was playing the greatest song ever. I admired the automatic windows and let the wind brush my hair out of my eyes. “Ready?” I asked, raising my eyebrows.

She smiled like I’d never seen her smile before. Here we were, only 15 and 13 years old and we thought we were the greatest things to ever roam the planet. Who else actually had the guts to drive their friend’s mom’s brand-new 2004 Ford Mustang? I did, that’s for sure! And I was so great that I just KNEW we wouldn’t get caught because, after all, Lisa’s mom was helping Jason with his homework and Matt was working on his paper then taking a nap.

I pulled out of the parking lot in a nervous fit. I always get nervous when backing out of parking spaces, especially since I didn’t have my license and I didn’t want to hit any cars. Getting out of there was a breeze, and getting out of the neighborhood was even more of a breeze! How nice it felt, going 20 miles over the speed limit with the wind blowing my hair back and the radio blaring in my ears. Oh, how I love September!

Lisa directed me to her friend’s house, pointing out the roads I was to turn down until we finally pulled into the driveway of a large house with a white picket fence. All I could do was wonder if this family had the average 2.5 kids. That’s what white picket fences always remind me of.

Turns out, this family had five kids, and all of them were running around screaming when we got to his house. The boy’s name was Kyle and he was a 14 year old soccer player at Lisa’s school. He’d just broken up with his girlfriend and was devastated, but I could tell when Lisa walked in the door that he wasn’t *that* devastated, just wanted some female attention. You can’t really blame him... everyone needs attention from the opposite sex sometimes.

I noticed the time about halfway through the movie we were watching. For some unknown reason, I had gotten this really bad feeling in my stomach and looked up at the clock.

“Oh my God!” I squeaked. “Lisa! It’s nearly six! We’ve gotta go back home so they don’t suspect anything!”

Lisa lifted her head from Kyle’s shoulder. “Huh?” she said, completely oblivious to what I’d said.

“It’s getting late. We gotta go.”

She stretched out and looked at Kyle. “Aww, do you really hafta go?” he asked, giving her this puppy face.

“Sorry, Kyle... she’s the driver and it’s my mom’s car. I’ll come back over soon, though, I promise. Okay?”

His pouting stopped and he smiled, hugging her tightly. “Oh, well, all right,” he said. “See you guys later!”

He walked us to the door where the sun was just beginning to fall. “Sorry I dragged you out of there,” I said when we were safely out of his driveway.

“Oh, it’s okay,” she muttered. “He’s so cute. I like him a lot. Do you think he likes me?”

I shrugged. “Sure...” That’s when I realized I had no clue where I was. “Hey, uh, Lisa, do you know how to get home from here?”

She glanced at me then out the window and finally behind her. “Uh, I think you take a left at the red light..”

I took a left at the red light and then another left at the red light, and you’d think we’d have gone in a circle, or square rather, but we didn’t. We were lost.

“Oh, Shannon!” she said, burying her head in her hands. We’d been driving around for a good thirty minutes and the sun was down and it was getting closer and closer to being pitch black. “We’re lost! I don’t know what to do!”

I tried not to panic. “Just chill... we’ll find our way home.”

Oh and we found our way home, all right... about two hours later after we stopped by a gas station to get directions. We found our way home and we also found Lisa’s mom standing outside her doorway, arms folded.

She threw her hands up in the air as I pulled into the parking spot. “Where on earth have you girls been!” she shouted, opening Lisa’s door and grabbing her by the arm to pull her out. “We’ve been worried sick about you! I sent Matt out an hour ago to look for you girls. We’ve called all over the place! You are in some trouble, young lady!” She was dragging Lisa as she spoke. I was shivering with fear. She’d sent Matt out to look for us? That meant he’d be really upset with me...

Lisa’s mom practically snatched the keys from my hands. “Inside, both of you!” she ordered, smacking her daughter on the rear end as we approached the door. Lisa plopped down on the couch and I sat next to her. Her brother, Jason, was running around the house with his airplane toy and making obnoxious noises, and the dog was barking at him. Lisa’s mom rushed inside and slammed the door, instantly walking to the phone and dialing a number. Lisa gave me a pathetic look and I just returned it. Both of us were definitely not looking forward to what was going to happen.

“Hi, Matt?... yes, the girls have made it home.... Everything’s fine.... Yes, they had the car.... Yes, she was.... Okay, see you then,” she was saying, then hung the phone up. “Jason, go into your room with that,” she ordered her son.

“But Mo-om!” he whined.

“This instant!”

“Yes, ma’am.” The small boy tottled off to his room, airplane in hand. The dog stopped barking and flopped down on the floor next to the tv. Lisa’s mom paced around the room, not speaking. It seemed as if we had practically transformed houses -- we went from a very LOUD room to a very QUIET room. I didn’t know which was worse but I could feel the tension creeping through the air and I didn’t like it one bit.

I was startled when we heard a knock at the door after sitting through five minutes of silence. That’s when my heart began racing and my leg began thumping. Lisa’s mom opened the door to reveal a tall figure, hands on his hips, hair messed up, and a look of sheer disappointment spread across his face. It was Matt.

“You, young lady,” he said, pointing to me, “have a lot of explaining to do when we get home.”

I subconsciously gulped.

“Come on, Shannon. Let’s go.”

I stood up, wanting to clutch my bottom for fear of what was going to happen when we got home and I had to explain myself. “I’m really sorry,” I told Lisa’s mom.

She nodded. “I hope, Shannon, that you learn your lesson from what you did tonight. It’s never okay to take something that doesn’t belong to you, and it’s also not okay to go somewhere without telling someone where you are. What if you had gotten into an accident?”

I hung my head. “I know. It was a stupid thing to do. Please don’t go to hard on Lisa...”

Lisa’s mom didn’t say anything. I felt Matt tugging me towards the door.

I couldn’t help but let a few tears slide down my cheeks as we walked home in the darkness. It was already really late and I didn’t want to get in trouble before I went to bed... but there was really no way to get out of it...

“Shannon Kate, did you honestly drive that car?” Matt asked firmly.

I nodded. “Yes, I did... and I feel completely stupid for it, too.”

“I can’t believe that you’d do something like that...” We arrived at our own apartment and he unlocked the door then swung the door open. “You’re not even legally able to drive yet... and it wasn’t even your own car!” He paused to shut the door and lock it. “Sit down,” he ordered, pointing to the futon, “and tell me everything.”

I plopped down and wiped a tear away. Matt was towering over me, arms folded across his chest. “I dunno,” I began, “Lisa wanted to go see a friend and asked if I’d take her and practically begged so I told her I would...”

“So let me get this straight... you stole a car because your friend ‘practically begged’ you to take her somewhere?”

I bit my lower lip and nodded.

“Do you realize what you’ve done?”

He was so angry that it was scaring me. I couldn’t even answer with my usual brattiness. I knew I was in too much trouble. “Yes,” I stammered. “It was totally stupid, Matt. And I’ll never do it again, I promise.”

“Damn right you’ll never do it again. I’m going to make sure of that.” He paused then sat down on one of the chairs in the kitchen. “Go to the bathroom and get that wooden hairbrush of yours,” he ordered.

“But Matt...” I protested.

“I mean it, Shannon. Don’t make me have to go in there and get it myself.”

“Please, Matt... I won’t do it again...” I begged.

He gave me an exasperated look. “If you don’t get that hairbrush in three seconds, you are going to be one sorry young lady, do you understand me?”

I managed to hop up from the futon in fear of what would happen if I didn’t get the brush. I already knew I was in for it, and I didn’t want more than was in store.

My legs felt like jelly as I walked towards the bathroom, the whole time biting my lower lip. I finally held the brush in my hands, running my fingertips over the smooth edge. In a matter of minutes, that damn thing would be raining down on my ass... and I was sure it’d hurt way more than Matt’s hand had.

“Shannon! I don’t have all day!” I heard Matt yell.

I glanced up, then back down at the brush, then paced myself. This wasn’t going to be fun.

When I walked back into the living room, I handed Matt the brush. “Okay, pants and panties down.”

I hesitantly unbuttoned my jeans and let them fall to the floor, then tugged my panties down to join them. He grabbed my left arm and steadied me over his lap.

“I’m very disappointed in you, Shannon,” he scolded, resting a warm hand on my bottom. “I can’t believe that you’d do such a thing. Stealing someone’s car and driving without a license and worrying me to death. We didn’t know what happened to you guys. You could have been in an accident and no one would have ever known. I hope you understand how serious this is...”

“I do,” I murmured, trying not to begin crying already.

“Good.” And with that, he lifted his hand and brought it down on my bottom, immediately getting a rhythm and spanking each cheek a few times in different spots, then concentrating on my sit spots and thighs, then going back to the cheeks. I was howling with pain.

“Owwwwwwiiieeeeee!” I squealed, kicking my legs.

“You will SMACK never SMACK steal again SMACK SMACK young lady SMACK SMACK SMACK! And SMACK you will SMACK always SMACK tell me SMACK SMACK where you’re SMACK going SMACK SMACK! And SMACK you will SMACK SMACK not drive a SMACK car SMACK SMACK unless I am SMACK in it with you SMACK SMACK SMACK! Do you understand? SMACK SMACK SMACK!”

“Ahhhooowwwwww yeesssssssss,” I whined.

“Good! SMACK SMACK!!”

He kept the smacks going for what felt like hours and my bottom felt like it was on fire and it hurt so much I couldn’t help but cry out in pain and try to wiggle away from his hand. But he kept a tight grip on me.

I had a false hope when he stopped spanking: I actually thought he was finished. The bad thing was that I actually tried to get up.

“I am NOT finished yet!” he scolded, picking up the brush and sending it right to my right thigh.

“YEOWWWWW!” I screamed, getting the message.

He steadied me back over his knee again. The tears were streaming down my face. “You will not get up until you are told to do so, Shannon,” he warned me, sending a second blow, this time to my left thigh.

“OWWWWWIIIIIEEEEESSSS!!! Yes sir!” I screamed.

He kept a firm grip on me. “You are fifteen years old, Little Sister. Fifteen smacks for stealing, fifteen smacks for underage driving. Those last two didn’t count. Okay?”

Tears steadily streaming down, I somehow managed to choke out, “yessir!”

He lifted the brush high in the air and smacked my already reddened backside, and I lost count after three spanks because it hurt so badly! All I could do was howl in pain and attempt to beg him to stop, but I couldn’t speak because I was crying so much.

Finally, after the thirty smacks were up, I was lying there motionless, bawling like a baby, too exhausted to fight anymore. He lifted me from his lap.

“It’s all over now, Shannon,” he whispered in my ear, hugging me tightly. “Shhhhhh, baby sis, it’s okay.” He rocked me back and forth. “You worried me a lot. I was scared something had happened to you. I care about you a lot.”

I nodded, pressing my face against his chest. “I’m sorry,” I blubbered through tears.

“You’re forgiven,” he said, and I could feel him smiling.

We stayed like that for a while until he carried me to my room and tucked me into bed, turning the light off and saying, “goodnight, kiddo.”

No comments: