30 December 2010

Story: Tio Ricardo



Misc Story.  Liliana is stuck spending her senior year in Colombia (yes the country) with her uncle and his family.  He's reasonably lenient with his rules, only asking that Lily do well in school, and not bring illegal substances into his house.  But she doesn't care about rules... who abides by those anyway?  Girls who avoid spankings, I guess.

Disclaimer: I do not intend for this story to be a stereotypical Colombian story about drugs... I do understand that Colombia is a beautiful country with loads more than marijuana. In fact, the only reason I chose Colombia is because I happened to be eating a Colombian empanada when I wrote this. So I hope that I don't offend anyone with this story. Enjoy!

Tio Ricardo
by Breanna Carter

My parents came to this brilliant conclusion that I should spend my senior year of high school abroad. They said I needed to be more “cultured”... that I didn't appreciate the little things in life... that I needed to find how to navigate the world without being attached to my cell phone and computer 24/7. I was infuriated. It wasn't fair that they were sending me away for senior year! It was supposed to be the last year I spent with all of my friends before everyone went their separate ways to college!

But they weren't concerned with my social life. In fact, they wanted to kill my social life, because it caused me so many issues... like, um, maybe getting arrested a couple of times. So yeah, that was part of the reason that they shipped me to Colombia.

Nevermind that I didn't know Spanish.

Nevermind that I'd never even met the uncle they were sending me to live with.

Nevermind that my friends couldn't even call me, much less see me.

They didn't care about all of that. They just wanted me to get an education abroad, 'cause it'd look good on my college applications. Whatevs, though. I wasn't concerned with that. Just having fun. But my arguing didn't help, and before I knew it, I was boarding the plan to Bogata, iPod on full blast. I had no idea what to expect... had no idea what Colombia would be like... no idea what my Colombian family would be like. In fact, I only knew one thing about Colombia – it's reputation for drugs.

 *****

“Liliana!! Get up!” I heard the loud whisper in my ear. “We fell asleep. You have to go back home.” I felt my body being nudged, and finally pried open my eyes. Ugh, I'd been dreaming about the flight again. Seemed like every time I got high lately I thought about it, some part of me craving the return home, another part enjoying the blissfulness of this lovely country. Carlos looked down at me, brown eyes gazing into mine. “Good morning, princesa,” he said, kissing my forehead. He took a puff of the joint between his fingers, then handed it to me.

I smiled up at him, taking a puff myself. “What time is it?”

“Five o'clock.”

“Ughhh, fuck. I have school in two hours. And haven't finished my homework.” I pushed myself up, stretching out and yawning, smoking a bit more before handing it back to him.

“You can finish it before your class right?”

“Nah, whatevs. It doesn't matter. I'll do it later. I think I'll just skip again. Can I come by here?”

“Of course,” he said, taking a final hit, giving me a final hit, and putting it out.

I put the hood up to my jacket and followed him out of his house to his car. We'd become kind of an item since I'd met him right after coming to Colombia. He was my best Colombian friend's older brother – a low-profile marijuana dealer who held almost nightly parties. My aunt and uncle had warned me countless of times to stay away from him, but I didn't listen. If I had to be so far away from my friends, I might as well make the best of the time I had in a foreign country... and if I had to make the best of it by smoking, well, so what?

“You need to start doing your school work,” he warned me, adjusting the radio. “Your grades are going to get too low and your uncle will start suspecting something.”

Tio Ricardo only had two rules: no drugs in his house, and do well in school. He didn't care if I stayed out all night, as long as he didn't get any phone calls or letters about school. He didn't care if I smoked with Carlos, as long as I didn't bring any of it home with me. I was on the verge of breaking both of his rules, actually, and was pretty sure that if that happened, there would soon be more than only two rules. I didn't want that to happen, but for some reason, I couldn't help it. I preferred getting high with Carlos and listening to heavy metal all night, cuddling, doing dirty things. It was so much better than studying.

“I know... but school is boring.”

“Yeah, it usually is.”

I yawned and closed my eyes. The mixture of the raindrops and heavy metal were beautiful. I loved Colombia... the rebellion that I'd mastered. And the fact that I was a million miles from home... invincible. And totally stoned. My parents would be appalled.

“See you in a few hours?” Carlos asked as he pulled up to my house.

“Yep,” I answered, kissing his cheek. I pushed the door open and scampered through the rain to my front door. I carefully opened, closed, and relocked the door, trying to climb the stairs as quietly as possible. I knew that my aunt and uncle didn't really care that I'd arrived late, but I was still a bit high and didn't want to have a question and answer session. It would be like That 70s Show. In Spanglish. Hahaha, that would be funny.

After conquering the major task of making it to my room, I felt relieved. I gently closed my door and crawled into bed for the shortest nap ever.

My Tia Angela wasn't nearly as gentle as Carlos was at waking me up in the mornings. She starts at 6am, shouting in English and Spanish in the hallways, until everyone's up and moving. Then she begins breakfast, expecting each of us to be present at exactly 6:30, dressed and ready to go. My shower hardly woke me up, and I just left my hair to dry on its own as I slept an additional fifteen minutes before my little cousin was pounding on my door to come to breakfast. My uniform was sloppy, but I didn't care.

“You look like shit,” the older of my two cousins, Lucia, said to me as I eased down next to her.

“Just tired,” I yawned.

“I heard you come in this morning,” Tio Ricardo said, taking a bite of his eggs. “You stayed out late last night.”

“No worries,” I said, stuffing my face with arepa. “I fell asleep while studying with Elia.”

Lucia giggled. As a 13 year old, she knew more about what I was doing. Mostly because she was nosey, but also because I kinda liked her and we had girl talk sometimes. She had loads of questions, not just about boys, but also about the U.S.

Tio Ricardo gave Lucia a look. “We'll see how you do on the test.”

“I always do fine, remember? I got your family's half of the genes when it comes to intelligence,” I said, smiling.

He smiled, too, and continued eating. Tia Angela wasn't smiling, though. “You need to stop hanging out with that boy,” she told me.

Alberto, the youngest, starting chanting, “Lily has a boy-friend! Lily has a boy-friend!”

“Shut up,” I said. “I do not. He's just a friend, and I wasn't with him. I was with his sister.”

She looked at me doubtfully, sitting down next to Lucia. “I saw you with him this morning.”

“Lily has a boy-friend!”

“Because I was with his sister. He gave me a ride back. Geeze, get off my back about it,” I mumbled, taking a drink of my juice.

“Liliana, that's not the way to speak to your Aunt,” Tio Ricardo scolded.

“Sorry,” I said, not really meaning it. “I need to go. I have to meet Elia before class anyway to talk about this homework.” I took a final bite of my eggs and picked my plate up, putting my dishes in the sink. “See you guys after school.” I threw my backpack over my shoulder, waved goodbye, and skipped out. Thank God that was over.

I took the bus to Carlos's house. He was awake and shirtless, smoking a cigarette and drinking orange juice when I came in. “Elia just left,” he told me.

“I'm so fucking tired.”

He held out his arms, beckoning me forth into a gigantic hug. “Let's get some sleep,” he said.

“Yes, please.”

We climbed the stairs to his room, snuggling close and drifting off. It was an amazing sleep. I felt so safe and warm. I could've stayed in his arms forever.

By the time we woke up, it was almost time for me to head home. I made up my hair and straightened my clothes, then he took me out for empanadas. He left me a couple of blocks from my house with a joint in my pocket. He wouldn't be around that evening, but would see me tomorrow. A kiss to the forehead and he sent me off. I couldn't wait to tear into that joint. But I knew I needed to do homework first.

I said a quick hello to Tia Angela and ran up the stairs. I changed out of my uniform, then plopped on my bed and pulled out the homework I hadn't looked at yet. It was math, my least favorite subject. Fortunately, I was taking a lower level math course, so I already knew most of the material. That way, the Spanish didn't mess me up too much. I relied more on my memory than my teacher.

After about an hour and a half of homework, I decided to take a break. I turned the tv on and opened the window, grabbing the joint out of my bag and lighting up. I smoked near the window so my room wouldn't reek of marijuana. I was almost high when I heard a knock at the door.

Shit. Did the smell waft through the house? Was I caught?

“Just a minute!” I said loudly, trying to fan the smoke out the window. I stubbed out the joint and stuffed it under my mattress, with the bag of weed I had stashed.

“Lily? It's me,” Tio Ricardo said.

I hurried to the door and opened it up, trying to stay normal. I smiled. “Heya.”

He kissed me on the cheek. “How was school today?”

“Was good... and work?” I asked, trying to look as normal as possible.

“It was good, too, thanks,” he said, moving into my room. “What all did you guys do in your classes today? Did you learn anything new?”

This was getting a little weird. “Nah, not really... just math stuff, and I dunno. I don't remember. It was boring. The teachers are boring.” I backed away from him, sitting back on my bed.

“Oh yeah?”

“Yeah.”

“Speaking of teachers... guess who I saw on my way home from work?”

I blinked, tummy dropping a little. “Um, a teacher?”

He nodded. “One of your teachers in fact, Mr. Zuniga.” He paused, letting this really uncomfortable feeling spread throughout my body. I squirmed slightly.

“Oh wow, that's great! I'm sure you guys had a great time...” I said, standing up now. “You know what, I just remembered, I really have a lot of homework to do,” I said in a hurry, trying to usher him out of my room.

“Whoa, wait, just a minute,” he said, putting his hands on my shoulders. “Is there anything you need to tell me about school?”

“No... just that I have a lot of...”

“Because Mr. Zuniga and I had a very interesting conversation about you.”

I looked at him a second, trying to think of an excuse.

“You really don't have anything to tell me?” he asked plainly.

“No... I don't think so...”

“Mmm, that's where you're wrong, Young Lady,” he said, closing my door. “You know perfectly well that you haven't been to your classes this week. So let's try this again – why haven't you been to your classes?”

I blinked, stomach dropping. Shit. What was I going to tell him? “Well, I did go... I just got sick... and... yeah...”

“And how can that be if I see you every morning walk out this front door to go to school?”

“I mean, I go, and on my way, I start to feel bad and so I just stop at a friend's house,” I stammered.

“Oh? And do, pray tell, which friend might this be?”

“Well, um, my friend's brother... But same thing.”

“I see,” he said softly, his stare making me feel more uncomfortable than ever. “And if you're so sick, then why are you in here, lying in your bed and watching tv, dressed up to go somewhere?”

“I'm feeling better. But hey, you know, I really have to do this homework...” I tried again.

“No, Young Lady,” he said firmly. “What we need to do is have a talk about responsibility and honesty.”

“But...”

“No buts!” he said, walking to my desk and taking the chair out. “Come here, now.” He placed the chair in the center of my floor space and sat down.

“But whyyyy? I didn't do anything bad!” I whined.

“You were irresponsible and you are lying. But believe me, you will tell me the truth, if I have to spank it out of you,” he said in a warning tone.

“W-what? No please! I'm sorry...”

“I will not repeat myself again. Come here, right now. If I have to get up, it will just be worse.”

“It's just that... I felt bad... I swear... please Tio... don't do this...” I begged, chewing on my fingernail and inching towards him.

“Quickly!” he said in a no-nonsense tone.

I scampered to his side, still chewing on my fingernail.

“You know, I gave you plenty of chances to tell me the truth. You must think that I'm really stupid to believe that you were 'sick',” he said firmly, pulling me closer to him. “But don't worry, you'll see that I get the truth out of you anyway. Pants down,” he ordered.

“W-what?” I stammered, not believing my ears.

“Down, now!”

“But... I...” He gave me a look that shut me up, causing me to turn bright red as I unbuttoned and unzipped my jeans. My throat was dry and heart pounding. He wasn't really about to do this, was he? I took a deep breath and forced my pants down to about mid-thigh, then felt myself being dragged across his lap. “But, wait, Tio!” I yelped.

“We'll see if you still feel like lying…”

“But I'm telling the truth!” I promised, feeling the first swat on my panty-clad backside. “Owwww! Tioooo!! That hurts!” I howled, reaching my hand back. He grabbed my wrist and continued the spanks. I couldn't help but squirm – it hurt so much more than I'd imagined it! “Please!! I promise, I'm telling the truth!” I howled, trying to dodge the swats.

He ignored me, continuing the spanking. “Mr. Zuniga also told me that you're late on a lot of your homework,” Tio Ricardo said.

“Oooowwwww,” I yelped, kicking my foot up. “That – ow! – hurts!”

“I'm waiting for your explanation about missing classes and not doing homework!” he said forcefully, spanking harder even.

“I told youuuuuu... I was sick! I haven't had the chance to turn in the homework yet!”

He sighed, giving me a few swats to my bare sit spots, causing me to yelp haphazardly.

“Pleaseeeee, Tio Ricardo!!! Please stop!!” I begged.

“Not until I get the truth out of you.”

I whined, kicking some more til my pants were at my ankles and Tio Ricardo gave me some swats to the thighs to get me to stop squirming so much. “But I didn't do anythinggggg!” I swore.

“Mmm,” he said, lifting me up. I let out a sigh of relief – until he said, “get those panties down.”

I gave him a blank stare, as if I hadn't understood what he said.

“Now,” he said, brown eyes staring deep into mine.

I rubbed my stinging bottom. “But Tio Ricardo... I've already told you... I was sick...!” I backed up slightly, determined not to get spanked anymore... especially on the bare! How embarrassing!

“Liliana,” he said firmly, “panties down.”

I whined loudly and stomped my foot, tears spilling from my eyes. “But I didn't...!” I began, only to be cut off by a sharp swat to my bottom. Within seconds, Tio Ricardo was pulling me back to him, then I felt him tug my panties down. My face blushed bright red.

“Over my lap,” he ordered, to which I complied, still crying.

“Tio... please...” I begged solemnly.

He began the spanking again, this time spanking me a million times harder. By the third swat, I was squirming so much that he had to pin me down, raining down a rapid fire of swats to my bare bottom. “Are you ready to tell the truth yet?” he asked me.

“I ammmmmm!” I managed to choke out from sobs.

“Mmm,” he said, continuing the spanking.

I kicked slightly, crying harder as I realized that he really wasn't going to stop until he got the truth out of me – just like he'd said. He wasn't going to believe my pathetic lie about being sick. I shouldn't have even tried with that... “Okay!” I yelped. “Okayyyy, I didn't go to classssss,” I cried.

“And why didn't you?” he wanted to know, still spanking me.

“Because... owwww... I hadn't finished my... ayeee!... homework yet!”

He gave me a few more swats on my sit spots, then stopped for a moment. “You know that I'm not very strict with you. I let you get away with almost anything. But when it comes to your school, that is something I will not tolerate, Young Lady, do you understand?” he asked, giving me a few more swats.

They took me by surprise and I cried out with each. “Yes sir!”

“I also do not appreciate you lying to me,” he said seriously, swatting me a little more.

“I'm sorryyyy! I won't do it againnnn!” I promised.

He stopped spanking and lifted me up. I wiped the tears out of my eyes, still crying a little. “We could've avoided this whole situation if you had just told me the truth from the beginning,” he said, standing up and looking down at me.

I rubbed my bum and nodded. “I'm sorry,” I said as I sniffled. “I won't lie anymore.”

“You better not. Now get to the corner and think about what you did – and tomorrow you will apologize to your teachers for skipping their classes.”

“Yes sir,” I said weakly, defeated. I stooped down to fetch my pants and panties to pull them back up, but Tio Ricardo stopped me.

“You don't need those yet,” he said. “You can put them on after your corner time.”

I whined a bit but didn't fuss, just went to the corner as told, leaning my head against the wall and trying to ease my cries. I felt so embarrassed and ridiculous... it was like I'd turned from 17 to 7 in a matter of seconds. And the worst part was that everyone in the house had probably heard the spanking. Ugh... how awful.

But not as awful as what happened next... I'm not sure the exact details... but it seemed like Tio Ricardo sat down on my bed, then stood up, then started shuffling through something, and then all of a sudden I heard him bellow “Liliana Marie Espinoza!”

I shivered.

“Come here, right now!”

I turned to see the bag of weed in his hands, looking more pissed off than ever. “Wait... I can explain...” I began quickly. “My friend wanted me to keep it for her... so I did... but it's for her... I didn't smoke any!”

His teeth clenched, he said, “over here, NOW!”

I began crying again and moved a little closer to him. “I'm sorry,” I pleaded. “Please, I don't want another spanking...”

“I'm about to give you a good reason to cry,” he told me, taking his belt off. “Now come here, and don't make me repeat myself again.”

“Noooo, pleaseeeee,” I cried.

“Last chance, and believe me, if I have to come get you, it will be a thousand times worse.”

Defeated, I shuffled to him, tears still falling. He put my pillows on the side of the bed, and bent me over them to where my bottom was up in the air and my feet were hanging off the bed. “Please,” I tried again. “I won't do it again...”

“You have no idea how disappointed I am with you, young lady,” he said. “I never thought that you'd use drugs! And bring them into this house! With Lucia and Alberto here! That is VERY disrespectful.” His words pierced me, and I cried more into my blankets. “After we're allowing you to stay in our house, after we've provided so much for you, this is what you do? I knew I smelt something funny coming from in here. And now I see what it was – you were smoking drugs.”

“I'm sorry...”

“I don't want to hear it,” he snapped. “You're about to feel what sorry really is. I'm going to make sure that you stop smoking this shit... and you'll remember it every time you sit down.” He landed the lash to my already sore bottom, causing me to cry out and reach back. “Every day for a week after class, this is where you'll find yourself. Move your hand!” I quickly moved it, crying in despair. What could I say? I guess I did kind of deserve it. He had told me not to bring drugs in his house, and I did. I should've known it would come to something like this.

He landed a few more swats with the belt, covering both of my bottom cheeks and sit spots. I was howling and squirming like crazy, wishing this were over already. I was sobbing too hard to really say anything. And I was mortified! If my cousins didn't already know about my other spanking, they'd surely know about this one! And the fact that I'd be getting one every day for a week!

“I don't know how your parents have been raising you, but in this house, when I have a rule, you will follow it Liliana Marie, do you understand?”

“Yes sirrrrr!” I howled. “I will follow the rulesssss I promise!”

“Because I will not hesitate to take this belt off again.”

I sobbed and sobbed into the blankets of my bed, receiving the last of my punishment as best as possible. I didn't even notice that he'd finished, and probably would've kept my face buried into my now-wet blankets had he not lifted me back up.

He lifted my chin and said, “Look at me.”

I sniffled, wiped the tears away, hiccuping and trying to settle my sobs. Then I peered up at him, seeing that look of disappointment that made me want to start crying all over again.

“I don't want you to ever touch this shit again,” he told me, pointing to the bag of weed. “In fact, I want you to stand in the corner and think about what's going to happen to you the next week, and about how you're not going to smoke anymore, and then you can re-dress yourself and flush the marijuana down the toilet.”

“Yes, sir,” I said. I wiped my tears and went to the corner as told, still crying a little. I stood there, regaining my composure and eventually my breathing became normal again. I sniffled and wiped my face and thought about exactly what Tio Ricardo had asked me to – the fact that I was going to get punished like this every day for a week. The thought really scared me, and made me honestly never want to smoke ever ever again.

Finally, he called me over. I eased my panties up and decided to change into my pj pants – it wasn't like I was going to go anywhere after being punished like that! Then he handed me the bag and led me to the bathroom. I dumped the contents of the bag into the toilet. I felt shitty... for everything. Part of me felt bad for smoking and making my uncle so upset. Another part of me really didn't want to flush the weed. And even a part of me wondered if I really was going to stop smoking for good. But as I pushed down the handle and watched the dark green matter swirl down the drain, I figured I'd at least try to behave. He did have a point... they were doing a lot for me and it was pretty disrespectful to bring drugs into the house.

Oh, and the fact that I accidentally bumped the door with my bum when I backed up... that probably had something to do with me deciding not to smoke anymore.

Tio Ricardo gave me a big hug. “Now, get your homework finished,” he said, swatting me on the bottom and sending me to my room.

“Yes, sir,” I said, wiping the last tear away and scampering off. Good thing I could do my homework while lying on my tummy.