06 October 2005

Story: Lizbeth's Spiffy Friend

Part of the Lizbeth series.  Katrina drinks too much and causes a scene outside of Lizbeth's house.  This is probably the last story that will ever be in this series.

Lizbeth's Spiffy Friend
by Breanna Carter

I was sitting by the window on a breezy Saturday night. It'd been one of the nights that Katrina had to work. It was really lonely not getting to see her, since I was used to being with her everyday. Since the summer had started there were only three nights a week that I didn't spend with her, and usually I at least got to see her since she was the main driver for Papa and his friends to get home from work. That's why it amazed me when Papa was dropped off in a white Neon.

"Papa? Where's Kat?" I asked, unfolding myself from the window where I was perched.

"She went out."

I gave a pathetic look.

"Aww, come on, Lizbeth. She comes over here everynight. She wanted to go out and have some fun. But she did say to tell you 'hey.'"

I smiled. "Okay, that works." I hugged Papa and went back to the window, sketching a little and glancing out every so often when the serene air was interrupted by someone talking. I couldn't have been there more than an hour, listening to a show called "Laura" that was on in the other room as I drew, when a green taxi cab pulled up beside the house. I glanced out, trying to see who it was, only to see Kat stumbling out. She pulled some money out of her pocket and I yelled, "Papa! Papa! Kat's here!"

I would have thought he'd have been excited, but instead he told me to stay inside.

"But why?" I whined.

"Just do as I say, Young Lady," he responded and started talking quickly to Alberto who followed him outside.

I went back to my window and pouted, wanting to wave hey to Kat, but by this time she was a little distracted by yelling at someone.

"...fuck you!" she was screaming. "You're just a fucking guy who doesn't give a shit about anyone but your fucking self."

I finally saw the dark figure standing on the stairs who was Javier. That's who she was yelling at. He was trying to talk calm and rationally to her, but she wouldn't stand it.

"Fucking prick. Just dump me for a goddamn girl, huh? I'm worth it and one day you'll fucking regret it!" she spat.

"That's enough," Alberto told her as he and Papa descended from the stairs.

"I'll tell you when it's fucking enough," she said, pointing her finger at Javier as Papa tried to calm her down. I couldn't even hear him over her yelling. Before I knew it, Javier started yelling back, talking mad-crazy Spanish and cussing her up and down. "If you're going to talk about me, at least say it in English so I can fucking understand you, asshole," she said, beginning to try and throw herself at him.

"Katrina!" Papa said, pushing her away. "Shut up."

"I'm not going to fucking shut up until I tell him how I feel."

"You've said enough," Papa decided.

Javier finished off what he was saying and went back up the stairs.

"Kat, go home," Papa declared.

She was about to keep yelling, but she broke down instead, bawling like a baby. "I don't have anywhere to go," she wailed.

Papa and Alberto glanced at each other and Papa put his arm around her shoulder, trying to calm her down. He rubbed her back softly, murmuring to her in his broken English. I couldn't make anything out and desperately wanted to go hug her myself. Obviously Javier had hurt her pretty badly... I mean, she'd sort of talked about it lately. They'd used to be really good friends and she was telling me that he barely spoke to her since he got a girlfriend. I guess she'd just had enough and decided to let him know how she felt.

The two men led the crying girl up the stairs and out of my line of vision. Within no time, I began to hear them and hopped towards the living room, wanting to be the first to give Kat a big hug. The door opened and she was still bawling and there was a strong smell that I couldn't quite make out. It reminded me of those nights that Papa and his friends sat around drinking Corona, but it wasn't Corona that I smelled. When she was closer, I also noticed a change in her normal characteristics, like she wasn't exactly walking straight and she wasn't looking straight or talking straight. Hm.

"Hey, Kat!" I yelped.

"Lizbeth, go to bed," Papa ordered.

"But Papa!!"

"Now!" he said sternly and I stalked off.

"Lizbeth!" Kat yelled. "I love you!!"

I smiled. "Me too!"

She giggled.

I went to my bed, still listening to them.

"You're going to get yourself killed," Papa scolded, not exactly in proper English.

"I don't care," she murmured back.

"So you don't want a place to sleep tonight? You wanna go back outside and sleep on the streets, or you want a cab so you can go back home and get yelled at from your mom?"

I imagined her shaking her head.

"I'm not going to put up with this shit, Katrina. My daughter doesn't need to be exposed to your crap."

I wished I could go in there and tell Papa that Kat wasn't exposing me to anything and that I was eleven for God's sakes and not to take Kat away from me.

"I know. I shouldn't be drunk in front of her."

I felt a pit in my stomach.

Then Alberto started in. "If you want Javier to listen to you, you need to talk to him when you're sober."

"B-but... I can't."

"And why not?"

"Because I can't."

Keep in mind that I'm translating this since it was in half English and half Spanish. No way would the three of them be talking so proper.

"If you can't do it while sober, you shouldn't talk to him at all," Papa said.

"I know," she answered.

"You can sleep here tonight," they decided and I silently did the happy dance in my head. "But you're getting a spanking tomorrow morning to go with your hangover."

I now imagined Katrina pouting. "Okay," she answered bravely. She was always so much braver than me. I would have pitched a fit! Of course, I guess if given the choice of a spanking or sleeping on the streets, I'd take the former...

I listened as Papa and Alberto discussed quietly where she'd sleep, debating on whether she should sleep with Alberto or me. I kept my fingers crossed that they would decide me, so we could talk all night. Unfortuantely, they decided for her to sleep with Alberto and Papa crawled in bed with me a couple of hours later.

"What's wrong with Kat?" I asked him.

"Nothing. Go to sleep," he replied.

I pouted for a little while, staring out the window and wondering what was going on with the world. Why would anyone find it so necessary to get drunk? Especially Kat, out of all people. She was the coolest person ever.

I was the first to wake up the next morning and I quickly got in the shower, hoping that Kat would take me some place cool since she stayed the night. I dressed myself in a pair of shorts and a tanktop, then watched tv for a little while until the rest of the gang shuffled out of bed. The two men still seemed quite infuriated with Katrina, though I couldn't really blame them even if I didn't understand most of it.

"Lizbeth," Katrina said, clearing her throat and walking towards me. "I wanted to apologize about last night."

"Why?" I asked.

"Because I said some really rude things that I know you heard and shouldn't have. And I'm sorry. I didn't want you to see me like that."

"So why'd you do it? Why'd you come over here?"

She shook her head, on the verge of tears. "I don't know. I did it because I was feeling down and thought it'd help me feel better... and I came over here because I wasn't thinking clearly. I don't know what my problem was. I shouldn't have even drank. And I really don't want to let you down."

"It's okay, you haven't let me down."

"But I did set a bad example for you... and you have to promise me that you won't go and get drunk now just to see what it's like."

I smiled. "You know I wouldn't do that," I said, remembering the time that I'd tried Papa's cigarettes and nearly burned the house down. "Last time I tried something so stupid, I got in big trouble."

"I know," she answered. "But really.. I'm sorry about last night and it won't happen again."

"It's okay," I said and hugged her tightly.

"No, it's really not. Your dad is super upset with me."

"Why?"

"I assume because I'm setting a bad impression for you, not to mention that I could have probably gotten myself arrested last night. I mean, I was just going a little crazy and stuff... he has every reason to be upset. You'll get it one day."

"Is... he going to spank you?" I asked in a shaky voice.

She nodded softly, glancing in Papa and Alberto's direction. They were sitting on the other side of the room, watching tv and arguing about something that I wasn't quite that concerned with.

"Kat! You shouldn't be spanked. Ima tell Papa..."

"No, Lizbeth.. I do deserve it..." she paused. "I'd promised them both that I wouldn't get drunk last night. And I broke the promise. I messed up, big time."

"You promised them?"

"Yeah... I'd told them I was going to party... and they got mad and told me not to drink any because you looked up to me and we argued about it for a little while til I finally said 'fine, I won't drink' and they made me promise. And then I showed up here in that condition, and to top it off, it was in front of you, which is who they specifically didn't want me to see. Yeah, I'm in for it."

"I guess so," I admitted. "I don't like being the reason you're getting spanked, though!"

"Ohhh no! You're not the reason!" she assured me. "It's my fault. I shouldn't have made a promise I couldn't keep, and I shouldn't have come over here anyway. It was my fault. Don't blame yourself!"

"Papa treats me like such a kid sometimes, like I can't handle stuff."

"I know, but he only does it because he cares. It sucks way more when you have parents who don't care at all."

I nodded. "I can imagine."

Before we could continue the conversation any further, Papa and Alberto came over towards the sofa.

"Lizbeth, go get me the hairbrush from the bathroom," Papa ordered.

"But Papa," I began.

"Now, Young Lady, or I'll be using it on you as well."

I gulped and scampered off, fetching the wooden hairbrush and bringing it to him. He ordered me to have a seat on the other side of the room, then plopped down on the sofa, bringing Katrina over his lap.

She shivered slightly when he took her jeans and panties down, but she was so much braver than me. I'd have been bawling already by this point. The hairbrush hurts like hell! But she seemed okay.

Alberto stood to the side, watching as Papa's hand descended on Kat's white cheeks, wasting no time turning them to a deep crimson color. I was wincing with each smack, not wanting to watch her be punished like so. She would only howl out every so often, but kept a straight face for the most part, accepting her punishment.

"Drinking is no good, Katrina," Papa scolded, taking the hairbrush in his hand. "You will not come to my house drunk ever again, do you understand?" he asked, delivering a sharp and quick TWACK! to her already throbbing bottom. She yelped, but quickly regained herself, only to have him smack it down again and again, in quick succession. She kicked her legs and squirmed furiously, using all of her self-control not to reach back and block the smacks.

"Will you ever be that careless again?" Papa asked in Spanish, but apparently Katrina understood because she howled back "Nooo sirrr!!!"

He ended the spanking with two sharp smacks to the sit-spots then lifted her up, giving Alberto his seat on the couch so he could finish it up.

She still hadn't started crying yet. I was nearly to tears just watching the whole thing!

Alberto put her into position and didn't waste any time smacking some sense into her. He whacked her backside with that brush sooo hard and sooo many times that I was jumping up in my seat, wanting to beg him to stop. I didn't, though, for fear of my own fate and worse of all, that she'd just get it even longer and harder.

I felt like I'd been watching the spanking for hours when it was finally over. I guess it only lasted a couple of minutes, but Kat's bottom was realllly dark and looked like it'd be bruising some. Alberto lifted her up and I noted that she had indeed been crying silently for quite some time. Her eyes were red and puffy (just like her bum) and the tears were streaming down. She wiped them away, Alberto helping her tug up her panties back up. She had been wearing baggy jeans, like always, so she didn't mind pulling them up as well. She still winced as she did so, though.

Papa and Alberto both gave her a hug and then I walked over towards her, wiping my own tears away as I embraced her, too.

"Why are you crying?" she whispered.

"Cause you're crying!" I answered. "And I don't like it when you cry."

"Everybody cries."

"But you're so brave," I acknowledged. "I could never take a spanking like that for so long without crying like a baby."

"I'm not as brave as you think I am."

I didn't respond to that because she broke away, wiping her eyes once more.

"I have to go home."

"You hafta?" I begged.

"Yeah. I didn't go home last night. I should probably explain to my mom why."

I poked out my lower lip but quickly caught Papa's admonishing glare. "Well, okay then," I said. "See you tonight?"

"That's right," she answered, winking at me and waving goodbye, disappearing out of the doorway.

No comments: